One Sunday afternoon, Camp Aguinaldo was swarmed by yellow-shirted people ready to run and achieve their resolution for the year 2018! It was a day for Sun Resolution Duo and I was so happy to be part of it! It was my first time to run in the afternoon and in Camp Aguinaldo so it was really fun. Bonus na din na kasama ko ang mommy friends ko na sila Reylen or Made it Through Mom and SJ ng All Around Pinay Mama.
After the run, I learned 5 things about Running:
- Run with your mind into it. It was a first for me to actually run alone. Yes nahiwalay ako sa mommy friends ko cause I couldn’t find them tapos tinawag na yung 3k runners. It was challenging but also motivating at the same time cause I was only counting on myself. I had my own pace and I had control whether to run, walk or sprint. Good thing, the place felt very safe and all other runners were just minding their own running. hihi.
- Running needs preparation. A week before the run I started my #ProjectSummerForever (which I will share more on the blog soon) and it helped with my running. I had to track my food one week before, and had a couple of practice run too. While I was running in the SunPiology I realized that eating clean and working out really pays off. I felt really light while running which was something I did not feel in my previous runs (Sobrang tagal na nga pala nun, btw.)
- Running in the afternoon is relaxing. Sabi ko nga kanina first time ko tumakbo sa hapon, and it was something good for a change. Masaya pala tumakbo ng hapon and maybe the ambiance in Camp Aguinaldo also made it even more relaxing. With all the trees, and spacious roads, feeling ko ang relax at kalamado ng takbo pati ng mga tao.
- Running with friends is SUPER FUN! The event had an ambiance of happiness. Everyone was in a good mood and just enjoying the event. It was to do zumba with all the people because no one cared and bothered, parang lahat nandoon just for fun and to run. Plus na din na you get to run with celebrities. I heard people running na “Hahabulin ko si Zeus” or “Ayun sila malapit na” or yung #ReachingfortheStars goal ni Reylen. It was exciting to see them running with everyone, tapos super nice nila to have their pictures taken with them.
- Running is a good resolution you can take on now. I realized running pala is fun plus it makes you healthy in the process. You just have to decide that you would do it and eventually you’ll see yourself exceeding your expectations. Isipin nyo, we had so much fun during the run, we’ve decided to actually run next year ng 10k! Oh diba, I promise the experience, the event, the people, and the after party was such a blast. SUNPIOLOGY/Sun Resolution Duo is a MUST running event for everyone.
Thank you to Arnel Bautista and #ABCDigital for the invite. Thank you to all the sponsors of SUNLIFE RESOLUTION DUO! I have found a love for running because of your event!:) Till the next Sun Resolution Event!:)