If you could teach your children how to build their own business, would you do it?
If I were asked this question, I would say, “Definitely!” because I realized there are so many great opportunities in having a business. My husband and I also like online selling and to have our own business since we tried it out during the pandemic. I guess this also exposed our eldest son in business so now, at his age, he already has an idea of selling. Just recently, while baking banana bread at home, he told me that we can sell it. He said we can include this in our list of products of chicharon, kimchi, korean goodies, and others. I love how he has an entrpreneur mind at an early age. Another surprising incident he mentioned about selling was when I was cooking Japanese cake one morning for his baon. He showed it to his classmate and sold some to them. The next school day he sold 2 japanese cakes and he was so delighted to have sold it. From this day, he would always tell me that he will sell more to his classmates. He also saves up the money he gets from selling. At an early age, he really has a good mindset about money.
In order to harness his initial entrepreneur mind, I came across an online site that has different money games. The site is FREE MONEY GAMES, and the name says it all. It’s a free site that offers fun entrepreneur, business, and money management for kids. My son eagerly played his favorite LEGO themed money game and spent about 3 hours playing it. He had a lot of fun and he was very excited to make his city bigger while earning money as well. Since, he love LEGO so much this was the first money game he played.
LEGO City Adventures Build And Protect
In LEGO City Adventures Build and Protect players help Mayor Solomon Fleck build a LEGO city using various buildings which earn tax revenues that can be spent to help build out the rest of your city.
- Build the buildings needed to create a thriving metropolis.
- Dig for hidden mini pieces which can be used to build unique building types available in each zone.
- Collect taxes from each building to fund further development & more digs.
- Each building requires you to have enough LEGO stud savings to buy it along with the needed mini pieces.
- Unlock each of the six zones of the city by filling each zone with 25 buildings.
- Each zone has its own unique LEGO pieces and building types with their own earning schedules.
- Ensure each zone has at least one police office and fire department so you can protect the citizens.
- Put out fires and stop burglaries to earn extra rewards.
Other games we played, (YES! The two of us played!) The games are great for adults, too!
Money Games – Counting Money & Making Change
Cashier Simulator is a game where players operate the cash register at a grocery store.
- Ring up each individual item the customer buys.
- As you advance through the game some items will be scanned & then purchased in a quantity greater than one.
- When you are done ringing up all their items add the total bill.
- Collect their payment.
- If they pay via means other than a credit card you’ll need to give them change from the cash register.
- As you advance through the game you will unlock additional items consumers can buy in your store.
- The game has 160 stages. You can earn up to 3 stars on each stage depending on how you perform.
Since, Enzo also loves to go to the grocery and we try to train him in adding, subtracting, etc. of our grocery items this is a good practice game for him for the real thing.
Supermarket Numbers is an arithmetic practice game.
- Read the numerical goal in the upper left corner of the game.
- Early in the game most blocks are addition blocks. If a block does not have a symbol on it the default numerical operator is addition.
- Select blocks trying to add up to the numerical goal shown.
- As you advance through the game additional blocks are added with functions like subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- You must select at least one block with no operator on it before you can select a multiplication or division block.
- As you select blocks the equation shown below the goal number changes to reflect your choices.
- Fill the shopping cart meter to 100% to move on to the next stage & play through all 10 levels.
There are a lot of other games in the site, that surely your kids will love and learn from. There are games for basic operations while there are also some more complex Math concepts. It is not just enjoyable as video games but it is also an educational for our kids. Now their time using the gadgets can be productive. Plus, it really helps that the games are very practical that kids can relate and apply in their daily lives. This game helps me in harnessing my child’s entrepreneur mind so try it out for your kids as well.